Testimonials – Police
Leon Kerr, Illinois Correctional Officer Trainer
- Very helpful information. Great tool for any law enforcement personnel. Very knowledgeable instructor, constantly validates material!
Craig Anderson, New Berlin Police Officer – A letter to Illinois MTU 10
To Director Petty, Mobile Team 10
- I just had to take the time to write you after my training experience in the last two classes that Jeff Baile has conducted. The training has all ready proved to be invaluable for me in the little town of New Berlin. Mr. Baile’s training and experience in this area of training is second to none in my opinion and I was saddened to hear that he is the only person in all the area to conduct such training. I can only hop and pray that the MTU continues to bring Mr. Baile back for future trainings as made available per his scheduled and etc. I have been and continue recommending to other sin law enforcement that his is a must attend training if opportunity arises. I would highly recommend that all recruits PT or FT be mandated for this training. It is truly priceless. Thanks again Mr. Baile and look forward to part 3 training.
Tab Turke, Illinois Detective
- Jeff is outstanding with his field experience in relation to student understanding. The course flowed positive and professionally. Great job of student experiences learning tips for success and fantastic handouts.
Lt. Steve Ashcraft, Illinois Detective
- I already have recommended this to several other IDOC investigators since attending one of Jeff’s other courses. Very professional and informative presentation. Ease of instructor’s way of presenting material greatly increases retention of material.
Darrek Galloway, Pawnee Illinois Police Department
- The videos put things into perspective. Every part was very well organized and researched. Body language and lie detection is something patrol officers deal with daily. This course is very practical.
Randy Plunk, Illinois Law Enforcement Trainer
- In our department we have several investigators and this training would be excellent for our staff. I would recommend this class be given annually to our investigators. I am hoping to attend additional training by Mr. Baile. Excellent use of person experience.
Jason Elswick, Illinois State Trooper
- Instructor placed material into a context which I found extremely useful for my duties.
Southern Illinois Criminal Justice Training Program – Comprehensive Review Course, October 2005
- Down to earth very knowledgeable instructor
- Jeff Baile did an excellent job and I would like to see more classes of his in the future.
- Two thumbs up, this was a 5 star class. One of the best classes I have ever had through MTU.
- This class was an excellent course. I learned so much on the proper ways to interview and interrogate suspects. I wish I had this course when I first because a trooper. Jeff was a great instructor, being knowledgeable and well versed on the topics presented. I would recommend any law enforcement officer to learn this course. I plan on using these techniques and learning more so I can one day be a certified forensic interviewer. Thanks Again Jeff!
- Jeff presented material well down to earth. Great personality and attitude. Nice manual/handouts with references that offers further material/easy to read. Jeff had los of audio/visual aids to make topics clearer and give examples for better understanding. This training has improved my understanding of the topic. I never heard of many of these techniques.
- Jeff is an excellent instructor. He puts the information in real life terms that apply to Law Enforcement. This has been one of “best” interview/interrogation classes I have taken.
Illinois Valley Crime Prevention Commission – Comprehensive Review Course, January 2008
- Helps me in the objectives in my job. Get the truth.
- Great class. Very interactive and has class taking part.
- Looking forward to next class
- This is a must have class. This should be taught at PTI for every basic law enforcement officer.
- Great class. A must for all officers.
- Excellent indirect questioning methods. Good structure and format.
- Excellent! Very applicable to everyday police work. I will use what I have learned a lot.
- Great class. Baile very knowledgeable on subject.
- Mr. Baile did an excellent job and I look forward to taking the next class with him
- Good course of learning
- Very well presented course material! All information presented will be very useful for patrol investigations. This is an incredibly insightful course. I feel the only drawback was the limited schedule of only two days. I feel that this type of training is essential to solid case solutions.
Western Illinois Police Training Unit – Comprehensive Review Course February, 2010
- This has been the most valuable training I have receives this far. I with I had taken this sooner. Highly recommend it to anyone who may be conducting Interview or Interrogations.
- Wealth of knowledge. Excellent training! Thank you for all the knowledge. I look forward to your other trainings.
- Good Course. Nothing bad to say.
- The entire course was valuable. Very useful in every part of job.
What part of the course was most valuable to you?
- Taken course before and still getting valuable info. Would recommend anyone to take class as a refresher.
- Videos of interviews with class interacting
- Non-verbal skills that were taught
- All of it
- Facial expressions
- The entire course, especially the deception detection techniques
- Too hard to summarize. This was Excellent!
Western Illinois Police Training Unit – Practical Lie Detection for Patrol Officers April, 2010
- Mr. Baile was excellent instructor. Would take any class he offers. Enjoyed his instruction.
- One of the best classes I’ve attending in 18 years
- One of the best classes I’ve taken!
- Would like the take Mr. Baile’s other programs
What part of the course was most valuable to you?
- All was valuable. This course was very valuable to help distinguish when a person is more truthful/less truthful.
- The real-life stories & visuals
- Live examples
- Live subjects…gave more chance for classroom participation
- The live subjects & outcome feedback
- The whole course
- The students coming in as test subjects
- Live interactions
- Live persons
- Live interviews
Illinois Valley Crime Prevention Commission – Practical Interrogation, April 2008
- Excellent class! Should be required for all patrol officers.
- Great program. Jeff is a joy – fun, interesting. Look forward to taking another class with him.
- Good interview techniques, great one liners
- Very good course
- Excellent class
- The state needs to incorporate all three of Jeff Baile’s interview and interrogation programs into the basic academy. As an officer you will use this information more than any other weapon in your arsenal.
Illinois Valley Crime Prevention Commission – Comprehensive Review Course, August 2010
- As usual the class was very informative
- Jeff Baile did a great job and has much information/practical experience. His knowledge is very important for officers.
- Excellent course, very useful information
- Make it three days long
- Excellent class, should be continued
- Great course/very informative
- Fantastic course
- As always good job!
Law Enforcement Training Advisory Commission – Practical Lie Detection for Patrol Officers Course, February 2011
The strongest parts of this training were:
- Whole course – needs to be part of basic training
- Needs to be part of academy training and in-service training
- Good rapport with class, good power point
- Very engaging
- Great examples
- Learning you can’t always read people. This course proved me wrong. I want to learn more to do better. This course needs to be longer.
- Practicability to the job!! Fantastic course.
- Good idea having “real” roll players to help illustrate the practicability of the course
- Instructor’s knowledge and live actors
- Real, live, training
- Live role players
- The interaction with the subjects
Law Enforcement Training Advisory Commission – Practical Interrogation Course, March 2011
- The instructor’s knowledge was the strongest part of this training course.
- Jeff made the class very entertaining and fun. Thank you.
- Very professional and useful ideas that can be multiplied and used effectively
- Great hands on practice of interrogation skills
- Jeff gave good examples of what is known to work and gave us the flexibility to adapt it to our own personal style.
- The hands on techniques and practical applications were the strongest parts of this training
- Roll playing (watching) and watching the interrogation videos were the strongest parts of the course.
- The strongest parts of this training course were having the ability to do live role playing in class.